Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Month....

Rochester Half Marathon is one month from today! Whoo Hoo!! I feel ready....although I'm having a little running slump this week....but I'm ready! Everyone has their weeks right? I've only fit in about 7 miles this week. Yikes! We have 11 on tap for saturday so that should be interesting.

What do you do when your in a training slump? When you are having a hard time getting out of the house and hitting the streets to pound out your miles? The gym is always an option to just maintain fitness......but how do you work past the running slump? Just curious if there are any thoughts.

1 comment:

AZ said...

Nothing like having a race on the schedule to boost motivation. The Rochester half is there for you. Sometimes I think a lack of motivation is your body's way of telling you it could use a rest week. Other times I just know I'll regret skipping a run and head out the door for at least a short workout that could turn into something good.