Sunday, June 13, 2010

And life goes on.....

I've been struggling with a bunch of major decisions lately and have ultimately been rather blocked. Blocked from thinking about anything other than what needs to be done to get past these decisions. It's been a challenging few months and time is of the essence right now.

Not that long ago, I could go for a run and it would bring clarity of mind, body, and soul. I can't even manage to get out the door lately and when I do, the runs are a struggle. When I do run, it seems to be with someone or a group....maybe I need to focus on some solo runs for a while. I need to have that 'me' time again. That time with me and the outdoors to bring clarity to life again. When I put it like that, it seems so simple....just go for a run and the world will be right again! I wish it were that easy!

So, I'm getting back in the saddle and focusing on me this week. Or, more specifically, my running, that seems to be the key! I miss that feeling of freedom!! And of course, Boilermaker is only 27 DAYS AWAY!! Yikes!! I most certainly better get back out there! I can't wait! We aren't at our same hotel this year....shockingly, they were full when I tried to book our rooms back in December! I think we may like the new hotel better....more centrally located. Our group is smaller this year, but we are welcoming a Boilermaker virgin, my friend Nancy. She will do awesome I'm sure, she is a kick ass runner! Unfortunately, Derek, who normally does this run, will be a spectator (and our stuff holder) b/c he is injured. What a good sport, he's still going to come and root us on! Love ya D!

Over the past week and a half, I've run 3 times, which is way low, but 3 times more than I've run the previous month! It felt good. I did the Corporate Challenge (3.5), a run with Guinness (~3), and the Remington's Run (3.5). All good, no soreness, so my plan is to continue with anywhere from 3-5 miles 3 days this week and I'm toying with a 6 mile long run on Saturday. That should get me right where I'm supposed to be!

Oh yeah....new running shoes are in my very very near future....I don't know how much more mine can take! Happy Running!

No comments: