Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bad Idea....

OK, so I decided I would run to the gym so I could get my run in and get my weights done. It's only 3 miles one way, so I strapped on my IPod and headed out. What I didn't think about was that it was noon, I had only had a bowl of cereal at 9am and I was running out of fuel! I jokingly told my husband if I wasn't back in about 2hrs to come looking for me. I got to the gym no problem, nice run, did my weights and abs, went tanning, and realized I was famished!! I was also bound and determined to continue the run home. I started out from the gym and was a bit slower this time, but I was trudging along in the 80 degree, sunday afternoon weather. All I could think about was what I would eat when I got home! So hungry and losing steam fast!! I get about a mile and a half into the way home and coming down the road I see my husband! It was like seeing water in a desert! I dragged myself into the car and he just looked at me, shook his head, and then said...Did you run out of steam?? Um....yeah, the fuel tank is past empty! I was determined to make it home, it just would have taken me a while, but really, I was thanking the heavens that he came looking for me! Aside from that, it wasn't a bad run!! I'm getting the hang of this!

No comments: