Sunday, July 6, 2008

Double Whammy

A few weeks ago I bought a used bike from Towpath Bike in Pittsford, NY. Love the bike, it is nice and light and so much more comfortable than my el cheapo bike from Target. I really want to get into biking as well so someday I could do a duathalon or even a triathalon (if I ever learn to swim). Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to ride until today. Alex & I decided to go for a nice ride on the Canal Path and we decided to start in Fairport, right in front of a new Irish pub. Now, in making this decision, I still knew that I had to do a 6 mi run b/c I had blown it off all weekend! So, off we went for a nice 14mi bike ride on the canal, followed by a pint at the pub and a little something to munch. I was feeling really good, so when I got home, I embarked on the second leg of the days workout, my 6 mi run. I told Alex....if I'm not back in 1 hr 15 min, come looking for me! While the run was tough and it was hot and I was feeling pretty tired, I made it and he did not have to come find me! So I'm on schedule for my marathon training, but even better, I'm feeling really good going into Boilermaker this coming weekend!! I'm soooo excited!!

No comments: