Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back at 100%

I'm back to the gym, working out at 100% and feeling great! This past week was the first week I exercised without any pain! It is truly amazing how exercise affects your mentally. I've felt like a million bucks this past week just from spending some quality time at the gym. It feels fantastic to be back. I'm not running yet, that won't happen until at least January, but I'm back to doing everything else. I did push it a little to far yesterday with some squats and then some sharp pains, but I pulled it back and I'm feeling fine.

Now.....time to start thinking about which marathon I will be aiming for next year! You would think I would pass on the whole marathon idea after the hip stress fracture, but that isn't the case! So, Derek and I have been discussing heading to San Diego, Ca the end of May to run in the Rock & Roll marathon. I think we can totally do that! I think it's a great plan! My husband on the other hand is highly concerned for my well being and doesn't love the idea, but I'm sure I'll be fine this time around! Gold's Gym (my gym) is doing the Body Challenge again starting in January, so that will coincide perfectly with my marathon training as it will give me the added weight training that I need.

Stay tuned......

No comments: