Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm slacking

I've been totally slacking on the blog writing because I've been swamped with school work!! I have so many group projects this semester, I can't even keep track of who I'm meeting and when! And, I'm pretty sure I've written more papers this semester than in my entire grad school career!! Luckily, we only have 4 more weeks, with Thanksgiving in there, so 2 of my classes are meeting only 3 more times. Now, on top of wrapping up this semester, we also need to have our thesis ideas to our advisors at some point in December. I think I know what I want to do, but I need to connect with a few more people at East so I can figure out how to go about the project.

My internship has been fantastic! I have been working with many students who are interested in how to begin looking at colleges or writing personal statements. I also started a project to find out where all the teachers, administrators, and staff of East went to college so I can create a display for the students, letting them know where these people went to college and where that college is located. Hopefully this will open their eyes to other institutions as well as start conversations about college with students who might not have thought about it. I'm excited because I sent out amost 200 requests around the school and I've already received over 75 responses representing colleges in 16 different states, Puerto Rico, and Australia! I can't wait to get the display up for the students.

Anyway, I will try to be more dilligent about posting and keeping this updated! Now that I'm back at the gym and working toward running again, I will have more to focus on in the blog!

No comments: