Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Once again, my family came to our house for our second annual smoked turkey dinner! Our neighbor owns Beale Street Cafe and brings the smoker to his house every year so he can smoke the neighborhood turkey's. We brought the turkey over a little before 8am and then chatted with them over coffee and muffins. On our way back across the street, Alex was wondering why there was an endless line of vehicles heading toward the lake. I reminded him that the annual Webster Turkey Trot was about to start just about a half mile from our house. I was so bummed that I couldn't run this year as that was such a fantastic way to start the holiday last year. Going into Thanksgiving dinner with a negative calorie count is always a good idea!! However, I'm sticking to my no running until January policy, so I will have to look forward to continuing the tradition of a Thanksgiving run next year. Congrats to all who finished Turkey Trot's and other races around our area! I'll be out there pounding the pavement next year!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog! You are so spoiled with the smoked turkey situation! :)

Hey get your blog listed in directories like www.blogcatalog.com , www.mybloglog.com , www.globeofblogs.com and www.bloghub.com so people can find you. It'll help you gain readers!

Also, boutique flair's feed moved to http://boutiqueflair.com/feed/

Thanks for listing it.

You go girl...I so need to get my butt back into shape!

Unknown said...

PS just add the buttons for those directories in your sidebar widget. You'll get a code looking thing that you'll need to add to your sidebar. I'm happy to help if you need some! boutiqueflair@gmail.com