Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Two....

I've started off strong in week two of the BTC. I went to the 5am training session today and then went back after work for a 5:30 Body Pump class. Feeling great so far. Awesome meals today.....chicken florentine, haddock, baked potato......love it! Starting to get tired, but aiming for another 5am workout tomorrow, only this one won't be circuit training, this will actually be a run. I'm gunning for 3 miles on the treadmill b/c I need to start building my running base again. All is going well so far, my challenge will come later on when I start to slack. I'm hoping to miss that stage and continue making great progress!

I finally registered for the Flower City Half Marathon in April after having toyed with the idea of doing the duathalon on that saturday and the half on sunday, but I have realized just how out of shape I got over the past few months and decided it might not be the best idea at this point. I think I need to focus on getting back in shape, and building my running base. I'm going to add cycling to my spring/summer/fall training in the hopes of doing a duathalon someday, but, the full marathon is really my target for this year, and then I may think about other types of events. I need to stay focused on one event for now, I feel that is better for me.

No comments: