Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome 2010!!

I couldn't be happier for the beginning of a new year! After all the turmoil in our lives, Alex and I are finally gainfully employed IN THE SAME CITY!! What an incredible feeling to be back on our feet and enjoying life again! I'm looking forward to what this year holds in health and happiness for everyone! So 2010, I welcome you with open arms and an open heart!!

The start of a new year, brings on the start of a new running season! Yay! I'm beginning to plan out my schedule for the year and a full marathon is on the agenda! Which one has yet to be determined. I'm filling out the lottery paperwork for the NYC marathon, but I figure that is a long shot and we will see if I get the luck of the draw. Rochester recently added an April 1/2 marathon (Flower City Challenge), so I'm planning to aim for that run in a few months. If NYC doesn't pan out this year, I'll still have time to register for Philly or Niagara Falls. I'd LOVE to run Chicago, but I don't want to register and then crazily get chosen in the NYC lottery. Maybe I'll register for Chicago and plan NYC for next year? Sorry, just thinking out loud......I have a few more weeks before Chicago opens registration, so I can figure it out.

This running season will once again begin with Johnny's Runnin' of the Green on St. Patrick's Day. Always a fun run with a huge turnout.....and of course a great way to begin a day of consumption!

On another note, the start of the new year, brings the beginning of the Body Transformation Program at Gold's Gym. I love this program and look forward to all the positive changes I will see with the support of the training team at Gold's. I couldn't have found a more positive and encouraging environment to work on my physical self. So, I have a lot of work to do over the next few months. I've allowed the stress of the past few months to negatively affect my eating and exercising habits. I desperately need to get back in touch with that side of myself.

Here I go, the start of a new year and the start of a new and improved ME!

2 comments:

ChickenUnderwear said...

If you registrar for NYC 3 years in a row and don't get in you get a guaranteed spot for the 4th Year.

Good Luck

AZ said...

Still thinking about the duathlon?