Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Struggling....

The half marathon really took a toll on me and not in a good way. I was definitely sick, so physically I wasn't 100% and didn't even realize! It took me so long to recover, and not from muscle pain. Surprisingly, I had virtually no muscle soreness, I was just run down and mentally burned from the run.

So, I decided to take last week off from all things running (including blogging) and gym related! OK, I did my 5am workout that monday morning, but that was it. I did stuff around the house and yard, but no workouts. I kind of felt like a slug, but I think I needed it! No, I know I needed it!

I was back to the gym yesterday morning for my 5am workout and I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm still feeling run down.....this is kind of ridiculous.....not sure what is going on mentally/physically, but I'm trying to push through it and get some good workouts in with the hope that a kick butt workout pulls me out of this space!

1 comment:

AZ said...

Sometimes running is just like that, you need time away.