Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Post Run Recovery

Conveniently, I didn't even mention the fact that I had a very hard time recovering Sunday. My mind is probably choosing to forget that part of the day! My muscles were firing all day and I couldn't get my body to relax. I also had to force myself to eat because I felt nauseous. I tried to take a nap, but kept tossing and turning and my head started pounding. I had a bagel and water at the finish and then I forced down some pasta with bolonese sauce that Alex had made. Along with more water. I just couldn't get comfortable and didn't feel right at all. I have to say, this was the worst I've ever felt after a run. Seriously, I was miserable the rest of the day. I finally got to sleep sunday night and then made myself get up at 5am monday morning for my trainer workout. It was worth it because I worked out whatever junk was in my muscles and I actually haven't been sore very much at all.

So, who knows what was going on, but obviously I need to go back to the drawing board b/c my body was missing something on sunday between all my problems during the run and then my lack of recovery.

2 comments:

Psyche said...

Hi, Mel!
I love your blog, and I am so excited for you to run your first marathon this Fall. Not just any marathon, either but New York. Awesome:) You will never forget it.

I will thoroughly enjoy following your progress:)

P.S. I'm wondering if you weren't a tad sick for your race????

Mel Loughery said...

Thank you so much!! Yes, I was most definitely sick! Ugh! Hey, might as well start with NYC! Go big or go home right?? Lots of work ahead of me!