Monday, July 19, 2010

Marathon Training...Week 3!

Today began week 3 of training! Whoo Hoo! I can't believe it's here....it seems like just yesterday that I checked my status and found out I was accepted!

Things are good so far, I am mixing my running with lots of cross training and athletic conditioning classes. Cycling and Body Attack are my new best friends! I want to train as smart as possible this time around! My feet are still bugging me, but I'm working through it and treating them well when they aren't running me around! Lots of heel pain, but I keep stretching and working it in the hopes that one morning I won't wake up feeling like I'm walking on stumps!

Mileage this past week: 17 mi
Long run: 6 mi

This week brings two 3 mile runs, one 5 mile run, a 5K on saturday, and an 8 mile long run on sunday. Sweet!!

Happy Running!

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

I just came across your blog, and I wanted to wish you the best of luck with your marathon training!

chaco sandals said...

Wow your doing lot of hard work in the training...I admire you for that...