Monday, March 17, 2008

My Best Run Yet.......


So, after this weekend, I'm feeling revived and refocused. The 2008 Running season began with a 5 mile Runnin of the Green, and I finally broke my longstanding 11 min pace per mile plateau!! Now, before you start laughing at my slowness, I need to explain that I only started running last May (wow, it's almost been 1 year!) and my average pace for most of last year was between 11:30-12 min miles. Pretty pathetic......but, I endured through numerous 5K's, a 5 miler, two 10K's, a world famous 15K (Boilermaker), and a 1/2 marathon! I have earned my spot as a back of the pack runner and I am very proud of what I have accomplished just for myself.

I have kind of been on a running hiatus b/c I was so frustrated that I couldn't break 11 min. My best 5K, and time overall, was 11:19 min miles last summer. Having difficulties breaking through this plateau, caused me to hang up my running sneakers for a bit to refocus on my health and weight. I ran on and off, but nothing like the training I did last summer.....and I had packed on a good deal of post running weight to boot!

So, here it is, the start of the 2008 running season, and I've been working out like a mad women, running on the treadmill, and just focusing on overall health. It has finally paid off!!! This past Saturday, I finally broke my 11 min mile plateau during a 5 mile Runnin of the Green for St. Paddy's Day! I am very happily starting this running season at a 10:50 min mile! There is hope yet! So, here I am, ready to go and I couldn't feel better! I can't wait to do my first 5K and see if I can finally break 35 min. I am officially setting my 1st 5K (April 19, 2008) goal for this year at finishing in 34 minutes. There it is.....now I'm going to the gym!

No comments: