Friday, May 30, 2008

Canal Run

Ick. That is all I have to say about my attempt at a 10mi training run w/Guinness. Ick. We did about 6.3 mi when all was said and done and I did a bunch of walking (he tried to keep running by trotting next to me). Not because I physically or mentally couldn't run it, I actually felt really good today. If I had just bought my new running shoes earlier rather than later, I probably wouldn't have had a problem, but I didn't, and my old running shoes with the inserts have now caused a ridiculously huge blister on the arch of my foot. I could barely even walk back, it was soooo painful. I've been getting blisters from these shoes for about a month or so now and really should have picked up a new pair sooner, but I didn't, and I have no good reason for why I didn't except stupidity. Luckily, my friend Adam was working that afternoon at Medved so I could pop in and get my new running shoes. Before I bought my current shoes (Brooks Adrenaline), I had been wearing Saucony's and loved them, so, I decided to go back to the Saucony's. I love my new shoes, they are so comfy and just in time for the Temple Beth El 5K this weekend! Thanks Adam & Medved!

No comments: