Saturday, October 16, 2010

20 miles!!!

It took me a while, but I have my 20! It was tough at times, but not that bad. My feet are hurting a bit still, but not too bad. I did LOTS of hills....to the point where I thought I might cry if I had to go up another hill!! Seriously, what was I thinking? I think I did about 10 miles of hills. Ugh! Surprisingly, my legs don't feel too bad right now. Just my feet are bugging me.

I used 1 gu pack and 1 powergel during my run. I've made a plan that every 7 miles during the marathon I'll down a gu/powergel. So today, I took a gu at 7 and the powergel at 14. I also used chomps and had my water pack with water and a container of gatorade. Before I headed out this morning, I had a bowl of cereal and a banana....clearly not enough before a 20 mile run. I definitely felt myself get to the hunger point during the run.

When I got home, I had another banana, a tuna sandwich, and a protein shake. I'm now getting hungry again, so I'm thinking about what I want for dinner! Wegman's has these fantastic $6 dinners where you get to pick an entree and 2 sides. It's healthy fresh food and delish!! Love my Wegman's! My fav dinner is coconut crusted tilapia w/mango salsa. Holy yum!!

I'm pretty tired right now, but just started feeling that way. I can't believe I did the longest run of my life today! Kinda excited for NYC now! It's gonna hurt, but I know I can do it!!

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Awesome job getting in that 20 miler!

Andrew said...

Your nutrition plan sounds great! I have been following a similar plan thus far. On my 20 miler I ate three Gu packets. The first two, I didn't know whether I needed it or if I was just eating it because I was told to. The last one, I really needed it, I felt hungry, empty stomach hungry!

Are you planning on carrying water with you? I have been training with a water bottle that has a pocket, where I keep the Gu. I know that I can pick up water every mile, but it's certainly a change from training.

Let me know your thoughts on that.