Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm as ready as I'll be.....

Now I just need to relax and enjoy the ride! Easier said than done!

I'm totally in my head now and I need to stop freaking out!! Everytime I think about it I either tear up or start to feel ill. Seriously, I need to let it go and have faith that I will finish just fine and I'll probably make a lot of friends out there on the course! I can't wait to meet my fellow 5hr+ marathoners!

I'm still doing my 5am workouts and some after work classes at the gym, but running has been minimal. I'll go out tomorrow for about 13 and then a few short runs this week before I head to NYC.

I can't believe that at this time next week I'll be tucked away in my hotel in Brooklyn working on that best night of sleep before the big event. Just wild....

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Well, I am glad that I'm not the only one freaking out. I tend to magnify every ache and pain in my body as something that will be detrimental to the run.

It's really hard to just enjoy the ride, but we will. We both have come far since first talking in April!

Good luck!

Andrew said...

Good point with the less is more! I totally agree. I did a 1/2 marathon earlier this season and didn't carry water, I was just fine. I also pinned the gels inside my shorts. Not too big of a deal, but it doesn't go unnoticed by any means. I am planning on bringing three and contemplating using the one at mile 18 given to us.

I am going to NYC on Friday. I will land earlier in the morning. Maybe we can meet at the Expo. Would be a good story for our blogs!!

Raquelita said...

You will do great! I had such a wonderful time with my pace group during my marathon last year.