Saturday, March 7, 2009

Running Update....

Today marked my longest run since the hip injury and it felt good!! Not only did it feel good to run, but if felt fantastic to be able to go outside and run in the beautiful 50 degree weather! I ran with my friend Diane and her daughter Heather and we started on the canal path in Fairport. Diane's house is 5.2 miles from where we started, so we ran along the canal and then headed to her house to finish. We then drove back to the start to pick up our cars. It felt great to get out there and just start running again!! I had some little pains in my hip, but I think it's just residual pains. We are doing the same loop on Tuesday afternoon b/c we are trying to get ready for Johnny's Running of the Green 5 mile run on March 14th. I was freaking out a little because I hadn't been running alot and I knew we were going to do this run, but after today, I'm feeling a bit better. I'm excited that running season is about to begin!!! I'll have to step up the running b/c we will be doing a very hilly 15K the beginning of April as well!!! Ugh!!

I have yet to decide what marathon I'm going to work toward, but it will definitely be in the fall and I'm leaning toward Niagara Falls.....I mean really, how awesome would it be to not only run across the Peace Bridge, but also the border!

No comments: