Monday, April 12, 2010

Awesome Sunday Run!!

Fantastic run yesterday in fantastic weather! Yay for a beautiful April in upstate NY!

I ran with my friends Diane and Patty and I cut out around 6 miles to go to a baby shower and they went on to hit 11 (I'm actually jealous!). I felt great and wish I could have kept going!! Looking forward to the next 2 weeks! Spring break is coming up so I'll have some time to get in some nice spring runs. Love it!

The Unity Health Systems Flower City Challenge 1/2 Marathon (could it have a longer name??) is in just 2 weeks and I'm feeling good......although my mileage has been pretty low over the past few weeks. Yikes! So much for the much loved taper!

I've been working in a good deal of weight training and using that to supplement my running at this point. I know I have the endurance in my lungs, but I want to add more strength to my legs and overall body. It has been working as I posted a PR at the annual St. Patrick's Day 5 mile run. We will see how well it worked for the half marathon! My recent runs have all felt good, so I think I'll be OK.

No comments: