Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'M IN!!!!

"Marathon Registration Status: Accepted"

OMG!!! This is the first lottery I've ever won! :)

It's official. I will be running in the 2010 NYC Marathon! This will be my first marathon.....what a way to start! I had heard last night that if there was a hold on your account, then you were in, so of course, I had to check my bank account. I nearly threw up when I saw there was a hold on my account! I waited very impatiently today to get the official word at 12:30, repeatedly clicking refresh until the log in screen finally showed up! I had some of my students in my office and they were hysterical at how nervous I was. They were awesome though.....totally high fiving me and stuff. Awesome! I can't believe I got in!! Whoo Hooo!!

I have to say it's bittersweet though....my good friend Diane did not get in. It would have been amazing to train and finish this together. :(

Now the real work begins.......

1 comment:

AZ said...

That's fantastic. Looking forward to reading how it all goes down. Training and everything.