Monday, August 4, 2008

Injury Update & Wedding news...

I am lucky to have a Dr. that is also an avid marathoner and understands running injuries and how to work with them. Anyway, she was great and confirmed it as a stress fracture in my hip. She had a lot of x-rays taken of my hips & lower back from all angles & gave me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. She also referred me to a sports orthopedist, who I actually saw last summer for knee pain, as he will be able to work with me more specifically on how to heal the hip. I will see the ortho on Aug. 15, so it will be a little over a week before I know what is going on. Per my Dr., I am not to run, bike, or even take a brisk walk. Sweet. That totally made my day.......I have to say, it's really tough on the psyche to go from a lot of activity & a goal to no activity at all.


We also celebrated my sisters nuptuals in Watertown, NY this past saturday. It was a super fun day where we were able to spend time with our family and celebrate my sister and Rich as well as my parents 40th anniversary and renewal of their vows. Congrats Karen & Rich and Mom & Dad!

To be continued.......

No comments: