Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Barack Obama for President

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a strong supporter of Sen. Barack Obama's run for President. I feel that he is not only the best suited to bring a different perspective to the government and provide the needed changes this country desperately needs but also the most real and relatable candidate. I don't think he's perfect or has all the answers, but I feel that in this time where we are facing not only US, but global economic failures, we need someone who will work toward getting us through this time. For this and many other reasons, Alex & I were excited to receive our Obama/Biden yard sign this week, which we proudly and promptly put out front!

Last night was the 2nd of 3 debates between the two presidential candidates and it was rather interesting. I found myself becoming very irritated with McCain as he wasn't saying anything and was simply repeating things he said last time and dropping names of Washington big wigs. That's it. That doesn't make me feel good about the prospects of him becoming president. Aside from the fact that his VP pick is complete looney tunes!!

Obama definitely made some strong points and did a great job of continuing to tie McCain to Bush's policies from the past 8 years. I think that is important for people to understand because if we want to get out of this mess, we need someone different. We cannot afford to continue with the same people and the same ideas. It isn't working!!! I appreciate that Obama is passionate about Education and Health Care as those are two areas I feel could make or break our country. We are not providing the proper education to most of our kids and the repercussions of that lack of education will absolutely hurt our country for years to come. McCain is all about the war and "winning" (still not sure what we are winning). That should no longer be the focus. I support our troops as they are sacrificing themselves everyday for a war which shouldn't continue any longer. My brother-in-law along with many other young men and women are or have been out there. My brother-in-law is a reservist and has been to Afghanastan once and Iraq twice! It just isn't right. We need someone who will work to help us move on from the war and focus on things internally. our country is falling apart and we are no longer the super power that we once were. We can get that back with the right leadership and the right focus!! This is by far the most important election of my life and may very well be the most important for many years to come. Please get out there and vote, make your voice heard! It is your right and your priviledge to help make a change.

No comments: