Saturday, October 18, 2008

Run for Hospice '08

Today Derek & I ran to benefit Hospice and then ate our little hearts out!! This 5K has the absolute best food spread of any race I have ever done! They get about 850 runners and a huge amount of food donated by local organizations and grocery stores. Now, I didn't actually run it, I kind of walked and jogged a bit here and there and simply did it just to cross the finish line. My friend Adam convinced me to do it because I needed one more race to qualify for second place in my age group for Rochester Runner of the Year. So I crossed and I got my 6 RROY races in for this year (and had some kick ass food)!

The never ending roller coaster ride that is the Red Sox has come to a head this weekend as they were facing elimination in Thursday nights game. Alex and I turned the game off at the top of the 7th inning when the Sox were down 7-0 and we gave up hope. Damn, we totally learned out lesson!! The Sox actually came back to win it 8-7!!! So, we are looking forward to tonights game to see if they can even up the series and force a game 7!! Let's hope they can pull it off!!

No comments: