Friday, October 3, 2008

The VP Debate

So Alex & I watched the debate in anticipation of some major gaffe and we were sadly let down. I will give credit to Palin for hanging in there and not making any major blunders, however, she also didn't really say anything at all. Nothin. Especially no g's. Whoever told her to speak directly to the camera deserves some credit as that seemed to be working for her in the beginning. However, when the camera stares were accompanied by winking and back woods missuse of the English language, I wanted to vomit. Seriously, I absolutely began to have a physical reaction to her, don't ya know. Let's also discuss this maverick thing.....are they kidding me? It was rather obvious about halfway through the debate that she was trained (in debate camp) to continue to repeat that they are maverick's. Enough already. Let's really talk about the issues, and not the issues that are written on your little note cards. I want to hear something of real substance come out of her mouth besides the whole hockey mom thing. If I'm to believe that she is ready to possibly be President of the United States, I need to see more than what was presented last night. There are so many other issues I had with last night, like how she wouldn't answer the questions Ifill was asking her, or winking and blowing kisses to the crowd, or using that folksy voice and verbiage to try and sway the impressionable masses, but I just don't have time to get into all of that. Again, I don't feel she completely bombed, but I also don't think she is ready to lead our country either.

No comments: