Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby Steps

I finally decided to plow the driveway and head to the gym! OK, it wasn't that bad b/c my husband had already plowed 3 times, but the overnight snow forced me to pull out the snow blower before I could head out of the house.

I really wanted to head to the gym to get some running in and see how my body responds. The training schedule for San Diego begins in a month, so I need to make sure my body is ready for that level of running again. I did about 40 minutes on the elliptical and then headed over to the treadmill for the last 20 minutes. I ran for about 10 minutes in intervals and it felt good. I think it will be OK! I'm still not sure if Derek is on board yet......we talked about the schedule and we will make a decision about registering by the end of next month.

On another note, I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 5lbs over the past week! I'm feeling good and happy to see my injury weight beginning to disappear!

No comments: