Friday, December 5, 2008

Webster Park Trails

This morning I decided to begin with a trail jog in Webster park with Guinness, before I headed to the gym. We had a fabulous romp in the woods and Guinness was able to burn up some of his unending energy! Once we get deep into the trails, I let him off leash and he just runs and checks everything out and has a blast. It's fun to watch....until he dives off the footbridge into the creek and the more I yell at him to get out, the more he splashes around. Nice. I have an ornery dog. I should have learned by now, this happens at least once every time we are at the park! We even encountered a deer at one point and I think she startled us as much as we startled her! I jogged along behind Guinness and got a little workout in for myself while he was exploring. I really like trail running! It's so peaceful and beautiful running through the woods.

Once I brought Guinness home and gave him a bath, I headed out to the gym to spend some quality time with the elliptical trainer. I also focused on some lower body weights to round out my exercise for the day. It has been a great morning!

No comments: