Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Bound Workouts

We have been hit with a significant amount of snow up here in the northeast, which has kept me from heading to the gym.........Well, I could have gone, but my motivation level was rather low b/c going to the gym would require plowing the driveway and dealing with holiday traffic in the snow. That is not my idea of a good time, so I moved my workouts to my house for a few days.

One of the best forms of at home exercise is playing in the snow! At least, that's how I feel about it. I took Guinness out to play in 1 1/2 feet of snow and he loved it while I got an incredible cardio workout. Running through that much snow gave my legs some resistance, while getting my heart rate up. It was also wonderful for Guinness because he was able to work out a good amount of energy. So, dog or not, just get out there and run around, play, make snow angels, and enjoy it! I had forgotten how much fun it was to play in the snow......Why is it that we only do that as children?

No comments: